- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- Bacterial Keratitis
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
- Detached and Torn Retina
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Dry Eye
- Floaters and Flashes
- Low Vision
- Myopia (Nearsightedness)
- Presbyopia (Aging Eye)
- More Diseases & Conditions >
"No Rub" a No Go
To prevent infection, use the "rub and rinse" method to clean your contacts, even with "no rub" solutions.
Eye Protection at Home
Every household should have at least one pair of ANSI-approved protective eyewear for risky activities.
Blood Sugar and Eye Exams
Control your blood sugar for several days before a routine eye exam to ensure you get a proper prescription for eyeglasses.
Tell Your MDs All Your Rx
If you have glaucoma, tell your Eye MD all medications you take, and tell your other doctors about your glaucoma medication.
Sleep Apnea and Glaucoma
Research shows that those with sleep apnea are more likely to develop glaucoma. Get treated to save your sight.
What Is an Ophthalmologist?
Are You Fit at 40?
A baseline eye exam is recommended at age 40, when the signs of disease and changes in vision may start to occur.
Eye Health News
- A new study shows that long-term use of daily multivitamin supplements may lower cataracts risk in men. The study also looked at the impact of multivitamin supplements on new cases of vision-impairing age-related macular degeneration.
- Age-related macular degeneration, or AMD, is a leading cause of blindness in the United States. As few as ten years ago, people with AMD had few treatment options, but today, thanks to advances in treatment, people with AMD are able to save their sight. For one woman, AMD treatments saved her from total blindness.re than 20 million Americans suffer from severe vision loss.
- Since eyes are affected by many diseases (and are easy to examine), it's ease to diagnose problems throughout your body simply by peering into your peepers.
Shape, Jan. 23, 2014
- Eye Health News >
- Find out what foods help you prevent AMD, cataracts and dry eye.
- With middle age comes presbyopia. It’s probably time for reading glasses.
- Know the eye safety dangers in your workplace, eliminate these hazards before starting work, and wear appropriate protective eyewear.
- This prescription drug will lengthen your eyelashes, but it can have unintended and undesirable side effects. Keep these considerations in mind.
- Living EyeSmart